Thats right, I am totally doing an award show. And by ‘show’, I mean ‘post’. And by ‘awards’, I do mean ‘awards’. Not everything is a metaphor, people.
These are just my personal, unpaid opinions on what I saw and thought of the ABC Expo 2011. So, without further ado:
- BEST EXHIBIT: Quinny. So well laid out, so colorful, so many great new things to look at and play with. Their wall of Mico’s was enough to win this category….
- MOST “I don’t get it” EXHIBIT: Bugaboo. Bug had a HUGE exhibit, naturally, they are a huge (and wonderful) company. I didn’t really understand much of the exhibit though, they had an area which looked like a dress up corner (for you, not your Bugaboo) and then a super long table with absolutely nothing on it but all white spectacles.
- NICEST REPS/ EMPLOYEES: UppaBaby. 4Moms, Kinderwagon, Guzzie and Guss, iCandy and BuggyLove. All eager to chat, open and honest and very sweet. Thank you to you all for being so welcoming!
- RUDEST EMPLOYEE: Chicco. The PR rep who walked me through the display was lovely, but their display was closed off and they had a sort of welcome area at the entrance. I walked up to say hello and a Chicco guy was SO incredibly rude and demeaning it turned me off the whole thing. He wasn’t a PR guy (“Let me get someone from PR for you”) so I can only assume he was a Chicco employee/ exec. Let this be a lesson: Sometimes the people who seem little and inconsequential, have websites with lots of lovely readers. Be nice to everyone.
- POINTS FOR COOL: BOB, Graco and Orbit Baby for having their media press packets on adorable custom flash drives. 4Moms for every product they make.
- POINTS FOR YUM: Lots of people had snacks. Teutonia/ Aprica/ Graco had this amazing display with lots of candies, fresh cookies and Pelligrino. I spent an hour stretched out on a lush chaise resting and nibbling. Oh, and writing, OF COURSE. What kind of media rep do you take me for?!?!?!
- BEST STROLLERS IN SHOW: Guzzie and Guss 1+1 (more to come later, it deserves its own write up). iCandy Peach Jogger (a real jogging stroller that REVERSES!) Phil and Teds Promenade (Love it already….)
- BEST IN SHOW (not strollers):
- BabyGlowUSA: Sleepsuits and clothing that changes color when baby is becoming dangerously overheated. SO clever.
With the exception of a couple of strollers I want to do more on later, this concludes my coverage of the ABC Show 2011. I’ll be there next year as well, and this time I am taking an assistant!!! Thanks to you all for your reading, and your comments and emails!! xxx